Sunday, September 23, 2018

Costume Challenge Round 2: Keeping it simple

Costume #13: Pineapple


This was another one I needed to be able to get out of fast so I could go to a music therapy appointment. So basically I just wore a yellow shirt and a hat made out of a paper towel roll and green paper leaves.


 The hat ended up being kind of a pain; I had to use about thirty bobby pins to keep it in place and then balance it on my head-- if I wasn't careful and leaned too far in any particular direction it would topple, yanking my hair as it went. I felt like I was balancing books on my head to learn to waltz like in old movies.


She is beauty, she is grace
She is a pineapple with a face

Costume #14: Rosie the Riveter


Another simple one-- I actually wore this straight to a music therapy appointment at a dementia treatment center since it kind of works for that setting. I wore a denim shirt, did my hair in a bun with a victory roll in front, and tied a red bandanna around my head.

Costume #15: Sherlock Holmes

Whoops, turns out the only photo I took was super blurry. Oh well. It's another simple costume-- I was kind of taking it easy this week. Grey slacks, a black vest over a white polo shirt, and I borrowed a deerstalker from my Mom's costume bin. Add a dollar store magnifying glass and bam, you've got a costume. 

Costume #16: The Riddler

I didn't want to spend any money on this costume, but for this one I think the costume suffered for that. I borrowed a green blazer from the store and safety-pinned a few paper question marks to it; sewing on some question mark patches would have looked a lot better. But anyway, I wore purple and green clothes and a black tie with another question mark attached. 


The makeup at least was fun; I used purple eyeliner and eye-shadow to make a domino-type mask, then used green lip-gloss and eye-shadow and added a few question marks in eyeliner. 


Then to finish the look off, I borrowed a bowler hat from my mom and added a couple of question marks to it. 



And, sheesh, I've just got one more week of costumes left. Amazing how much faster one month goes by than three. See you on the other side. 


No comments:

Post a Comment